*SCAPEmedia SCREEN: Sell Out! | 2008 | Malaysia | Musical, Comedy | English and Cantonese Dialogue with English subtitles| 106 min | M18 (Some Nudity)
NOTE: All tickets sold are refundable (Please read the important notes below)
Director: Yeo Joon Han
2008 | Malaysia | Musical, Comedy | English and Cantonese Dialogue with English subtitles| 106 min | M18 (Some Nudity)
*Post screening Q&A with writer director Yeo Joon Han
Self-absorbed Malaysian TV host, Rafflesia Pong (Jerrica Lai), whose art-discussion programme is dying from lousy ratings, stumbles upon a golden opportunity when her latest interviewee, an ex-boyfriend, dies in front of the camera. It is perfect timing as she has to come up with the ultimate reality show to outdo her American-accented pan-Asian rival. Eric Tan (Peter Davis) is a mild-mannered, half-English corporate slave who, like Pong, works for the Fony Corporation. He labours to create the perfect Soyamaker Machine but is constantly assailed by unreasonable insults from his megalomaniacal CEO bosses. In the face of such pressure, will Eric and Rafflesia retain their artistic integrity or will they finally sell out to fame, fortune or some other nasty thing that also starts with "F"?
Sell Out! world-premièred at the Venice Film Festival in 2008 and won the Young Cinema Award for Altre Visioni. It also won awards at the Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival, Fantasia Film Festival in Montreal and the Barcelona Asian Film Festival and has been invited to over 25 international film festivals. Described as Malaysia’s first 'Manglish' (Malaysian-English) musical comedy, it satirizes and points fingers at various institutions and people in the country, from bureaucrats and CEOs to artists and the media.
About the Director:
Yeo Joon Han worked for many years as a lawyer and advertising copywriter before becoming a film-maker. He has made a wide range of films, from personal films to Asian horror films. Some of the films directed by him include Adults Only (2006), Sell Out!(2008), Kampong Radioaktif - Orang Minyak (2011), In the Dark (2014). His short film, Bedside Manners, which he made in reaction to the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, was screened at the International Film Festival Rotterdam 2016,
• Seats are issued on a first-come, first-served basis (free seating arrangement).
• Seat reservations will close on 30 April 2016, 12pm. Any cancellations MUST be done BEFORE the ticket cut-off date and time, otherwise your reservations will be locked-in.
• The refund will be handled by the credit card company of the credit card used to purchase the tickets. The refund process will vary depending on the cut-off date of the credit card.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date: The refund process will be handled in the current month so no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund will appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund process be done after the credit card cut-off date: The payment of the ticket order will be processed. Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice
Note: Peatix are unable to look up cut-off dates of credit cards. Peatix accepts VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.
1:00 PM - 3:30 PM SGT
- *SCAPE Gallery
Early Bird till 10 April 2016 (U.P. $7.50) $5.00 Free Seating (refundable) $5.00
On sale until Apr 30, 2016, 12:00:00 PM
- Venue Address
- 2 Orchard Link Singapore
*SCAPE Co. Ltd2,494 Followers